Vice President, Finance
Los Angeles, CA
About the Role
We have created a new leadership role in the company that is tasked to develop and manage a team across finance and administration functions for our global operations. You will partner with leaders in the company who are guiding business operations, creating new joint ventures with Creators, and investing in startups operating in the Creator ecosystem. We are looking for a humble, ambitious, and sharp leader who is keen on playing a strategic role in the expanding Creator economy. We welcome those who are willing to experiment, have a passion for starting something new. This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is based in our Los Angeles office.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and influence executive level decision making through analytical insight into core business decisions such as prioritization of growth opportunities.
- Develop suitable headcount plans and budgets, to ensure investment is allocated optimally across markets, business lines, and products. Create the financial discipline to deliver these budgets, assess the impact of key drivers, and key levers to achieve positive cash flow by business line.
- Develop performance reporting, including financial statements, variance analysis, monthly business reviews, KPIs, and Corporate reports. Work with third-party vendors that support the company with this and other areas such as accounts receivable and payable, payroll, and employee expenses.
- Partner with third parties on accounting, tax and legal to optimize the company’s operations and investments across it’s United States and Singapore operations.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in chartered management or experience as a financial accountant (CIMA, ACA or equivalent qualification).
- MBA degree
- Business partnering experience, and experience in the technology, e-commerce, or media industries.
- Experience in a fast growing environment.
- Ability to create and foster cross-functional networks and manage without authority. Effective leadership, influencing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment. Experience planning and managing at both a strategic and operational level.
- Ability to adapt and operate in an evolving environment. Highly numerate, with demonstrated commercial acumen.
- Passionate about the Creator ecosystem
- A servant leader: You place the team’s interests above your own, recognized as an outstanding leader, but are driven to become an even better leader.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: if you don’t have all the details, you’re comfortable moving forward and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivate you to evolve and innovate.
- Goal oriented: you combine vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome and are comfortable setting stretch goals for you and your team.
- A mix of hands-on collaborative leadership ability, analytical / problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial can-do spirit, and grit.
Please include a resume and cover letter.
We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a well-written and fun letter that shows us you take the intersection of Creators and ecommerce seriously.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Immediate participation in 401-K with matching grant
- Generous PTO
- Great location and office space in the heart of Culver City
Why Next 10 Ventures
Are you forward-thinking about media, inspired by children’s learning, and passionate about Creators? If so, you’ve found the right place to build your next career. As a mission-driven company, we’re committed to innovating solutions for Creators, growing ample opportunities for our partners, and developing world-class teams in Los Angeles and Singapore.
Next 10 Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.