Vice President, Creator Partnerships
Los Angeles, CA
About the Role
We have created a new leadership role in the company that is tasked to develop and manage a global creator partnerships team. You will have team members who work with emerging Creators in incubators established by the company, and have team members who partner with well-established Creators on structuring joint ventures in technology, direct-to-consumer brands, and original content / IP. You will also partner with leaders in the company who are guiding product, sales, marketing, finance, legal and operations to create impactful, and long-lasting relationships with Creators. We are looking for a humble, ambitious, and sharp leader who is keen on playing a strategic role in the expanding Creator economy. We welcome those who are willing to experiment, have a passion for starting something new. This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is based in our Los Angeles office.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and influence executive level decision making through analytical insight into core business decisions such as the prioritization of growth opportunities.
- Guide the implementation of the company’s mission and vision as it relates to the long-term growth and sustainability of the Creator ecosystem.
- Establish and grow a global Creator Partnerships team, and oversee all of the Creator relationships and investments the team makes on behalf of the company.
- Negotiate and manage strategic partnerships with third parties that align with the company’s goals and priorities.
- Foster strong external relationships with key stakeholders in the Creator ecosystem.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience managing people in a content and/or technology organization
- MBA, JD or equivalent advanced degree
- Business partnering experience with creative artists and entrepreneurs, and experience in financing projects and new business entities with these individuals.
- International work experience, ideally in the Asia Pacific region.
- Ability to create and foster cross-functional networks. Effective leadership, influencing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment. Experience planning and managing at both a strategic and operational level.
- Ability to adapt and operate in a fast-paced and evolving environment. Highly numerate, with demonstrated commercial acumen.
- Passionate about the Creator ecosystem
- A servant leader: You place the team’s interests above your own, recognized as an outstanding leader, but are driven to become an even better leader.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: if you don’t have all the details, you’re comfortable moving forward and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivate you to evolve and innovate.
- Goal oriented: you combine vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome and are comfortable setting stretch goals for you and your team.
- A mix of hands-on collaborative leadership ability, analytical / problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial can-do spirit, and grit.
Please include a resume and cover letter.
We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a well-written and fun letter that shows us you take the intersection of Creators and ecommerce seriously.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Immediate participation in 401-K with matching grant
- Generous PTO
- Great location and office space in the heart of Culver City
Why Next 10 Ventures
Are you forward-thinking about media, inspired by children’s learning, and passionate about Creators? If so, you’ve found the right place to build your next career. As a mission-driven company, we’re committed to innovating solutions for Creators, growing ample opportunities for our partners, and developing world-class teams in Los Angeles and Singapore.
Next 10 Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.