UI/UX Product Designer, R&D
Los Angeles, CA
About the Role
As a product designer on the Next 10 Ventures Research & Development team, you will be responsible for ideating, researching, and designing new creator-focused products around the technology and markets that we are investing in. Some of your work will be speculative, helping to flesh out an define new product concepts, while other work will involve creating practical user interface designs for the team to utilize for developing new products. You will be expected to research design trends among similar products as well as the types of users that will use each product, in order to develop a deep understanding of how to build the best products possible. Ideally, you will have an existing familiarity with digital creators, internet culture, trends, & technology, and be someone who feels comfortable working across multiple design sprints and adapting to continuous changes.
- Gather user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Research similar products and market for design & feature trends and ideas
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate sites functions and feel
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Acquiring new skills and ensuring designs move with industry trends
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role, portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Great sense of typography, iconography, color theory, and visual communication
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Experience in conducting usability testing to drive product design decisions
- Knowledgeable of how design impacts front-end and back-end development
- Good time-management skills
- BFA in Visual Design, Communications Design or equivalent.
- Familiar with the creator ecosystem, digital media platforms, & internet trends/culture
- Passionate about the Creator ecosystem
- A servant leader: You place the team’s interests above your own, recognized as an outstanding leader, but are driven to become an even better leader.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: if you don’t have all the details, you’re comfortable moving forward and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivate you to evolve and innovate.
- Goal oriented: you combine vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome and are comfortable setting stretch goals for you and your team.
- A mix of hands-on collaborative leadership ability, analytical / problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial can-do spirit, and grit.
Please include a resume and cover letter.
We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a well-written and fun letter that shows us you take the intersection of Creators and ecommerce seriously.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Immediate participation in 401-K with matching grant
- Generous PTO
- Great location and office space in the heart of Culver City
Why Next 10 Ventures
Are you forward-thinking about media, inspired by children’s learning, and passionate about Creators? If so, you’ve found the right place to build your next career. As a mission-driven company, we’re committed to innovating solutions for Creators, growing ample opportunities for our partners, and developing world-class teams in Los Angeles and Singapore.
Next 10 Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.