UX/UI Designer, eCommerce
Los Angeles, CA
About the Role
We are building a new Creator and fan centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, community and commerce. As a UX/UI designer for the Next 10 Ventures eCommerce team, you will be responsible for researching, ideating, designing, testing and implementing eCommerce services, including an eCommerce marketplace and storefronts for individual Creators. Ideally, you are passionate about eCommerce, familiar with the digital Creator ecosystem, willing to experiment, skilled in UX/UI, and keen to build brands from the ground up. This role reports to the Head of eCommerce Marketplace and is based in our Los Angeles (Culver City) office.
- Research best in class designs, trends and ideas for eCommerce solutions – the primary focus on a marketplace site and individual Creator storefronts. A secondary focus may be product design, assisting Creators come up with product ideas.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, sitemaps and wireframes
- Test designs via quick mock ups and gather feedback from Creators and fans
- Design graphic user interface elements for eCommerce (e.g., for a marketplace, sellers – onboarding, listing, payment; buyers – search, categories, product detail, purchase)
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate sites functions and feel
- Create basic original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Define style guide(s)
- Acquiring new skills and ensuring designs move with industry trends
- Proven work experience at a leading eCommerce company in UX/UI capacity with portfolio of design projects
- Up to date expertise in UX, user behavior, and history of application for development, execution and improvement of action plans
- Experience in conducting usability testing to drive design decisions
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software (e.g., Adobe suite)
- Great sense of typography, iconography, color theory, and visual communication
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Knowledgeable of how design impacts front-end and back-end development
- Know commerce and Creators: Familiar with and passionate about the intersection of content, commerce and community, especially the Creator ecosystem
- Comfortable with ambiguity: Comfortable moving forward without all of the details
- Thought partner: Can participate in vision and strategy setting
- Flexible: Work in a startup environment, move fast, solve problems, wear multiple hats, carry a can-do attitude
Please include a resume and cover letter.
We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a well-written and fun letter that shows us you take the intersection of Creators and ecommerce seriously.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Immediate participation in 401-K with matching grant
- Generous PTO
- Great location and office space in the heart of Culver City
Why Next 10 Ventures
Are you forward-thinking about media, inspired by children’s learning, and passionate about Creators? If so, you’ve found the right place to build your next career. As a mission-driven company, we’re committed to innovating solutions for Creators, growing ample opportunities for our partners, and developing world-class teams in Los Angeles and Singapore.
Next 10 Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.