Product Manager, eCommerce
Los Angeles, CA
About the Role
We are building a new Creator and fan centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, community and commerce. As a product manager for the Next 10 Ventures eCommerce team, you will manage all aspects of the marketplace and individual storefronts including conception, development, testing, launch and post launch management. Ideally, you are passionate about eCommerce, familiar with the digital Creator ecosystem, willing to experiment, intuitive around good design and keen to build brands from the ground up. You can understand consumer needs and behaviors, and can translate those needs into great experiences. You’re an effective project manager with a blend of business and technical savvy, and know how to guide a cross-functional team through all stages of development. This role reports to the Head of eCommerce Marketplace and is based in our Los Angeles (Culver City) office.
- Manage all aspects of marketplace development including conception, development, testing, launch and post launch management. Support in forming the strategy.
- Partner with cross-functional groups including design, engineering, marketing, supply chain, customer support, merchandising (most teams to be developed)
- Lead testing of concepts, experiences and designs with consumers / users
- Own marketplace development roadmap, working with management on prioritization
- Develop business requirements and translate into product requirement documents
- Support user experience generated deliverables (for example, prototypes, wireframes, design and copy documents)
- Co-manage relationship with internal and external development team(s)
- Work with technology team to research, review, recommend and implement new technology solutions to optimize website front-end and back-end performance
- Analyze marketplace / storefront performance by establishing KPIs for each aspect of the site (from homepage to checkout) and across the “funnel”
- Experience launching a consumer facing eCommerce marketplace that has attained considerable success (users, traffic, revenue)
- Proven track record of successfully launching new product features
- Up to date expertise in eCommerce user behavior and user experiences, and history of application for development, execution and improvement of action plans
- Experience in conducting usability testing to drive product decisions
- Experience in digital marketing, user growth and advanced data analysis (including Google Analytics, other SEO analytics)
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Knowledgeable of how product impacts front-end and back-end development
- Expertise in product life cycles and tools used to manage (e.g., Jira, Confluence, others)
- Experience with headless commerce
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, liberal arts or related fields [preferred but not required]
- Know commerce and Creators: Familiar with and passionate about the intersection of content, commerce and community, especially the Creator ecosystem
- Comfortable with ambiguity: Comfortable moving forward without all of the details
- Thought partner: Can participate in vision and strategy setting
- Flexible: Work in a startup environment, move fast, solve problems, wear multiple hats, carry a can-do attitude
Please include a resume and cover letter.
We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a well-written and fun letter that shows us you take the intersection of Creators and ecommerce seriously.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Immediate participation in 401-K with matching grant
- Generous PTO
- Great location and office space in the heart of Culver City
Why Next 10 Ventures
Are you forward-thinking about media, inspired by children’s learning, and passionate about Creators? If so, you’ve found the right place to build your next career. As a mission-driven company, we’re committed to innovating solutions for Creators, growing ample opportunities for our partners, and developing world-class teams in Los Angeles and Singapore.
Next 10 Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.