PR & Strategic Content Manager
Los Angeles, CA
About the Role
Do you love Creators and storytelling? Are you obsessed with the best ways to share news about innovative companies and standout people? If so, then you need to join our Next 10 Ventures team. We are seeking a savvy, self-starting, communications-loving professional to drive and manage our PR and storytelling. As our Manager, you’ll expand our media footprint, craft our story, as well as, broadcast news about our latest innovations. You will be instrumental in growing our brand and amplifying our voice. We want Creators, media, investors, companies, and consumers to know how and why we are investing in the Creator ecosystem.
- Increase our brand presence and reach through PR and content
- Develop and execute a comprehensive external media and communications strategy
- Provide PR and content support for multiple lines of businesses and our portfolio
- Partner with our Singapore team to drive our PR/ content strategies
- Determine and monitor key performance indicators to measure our ROI
- Manage third-party agencies to incorporate their expertise into our projects, and to deliver on our priorities and deadlines
- Own and design content creation from an idea to the publication of articles, stories, videos, infographics and case studies across our channels
- Write, post and distribute original, high-quality content through our website, social accounts, newsletter, and media outlets
- Manage our publishing schedule, tools, and platforms
- Stay current on the latest technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications to implement the best brand building strategies
- 5+ years of experience in PR, communications and/or content management
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, media, journalism or related field
- Superb writing, editing, and communications skills
- Demonstrated experience developing strategic media and content plans
- Creative storyteller who crafts compelling content for a target audience
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and ability to manage workload independently
- Collaborative team player who works well with remote teams
- Hands-on experience using content management tools and distributing social media content on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.,
- Proficient with design and publishing tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress, Mailchimp, and/or other related tools
- Solutions-oriented problem solver with intellectual curiosity and a sense of humor
- Master’s degree in marketing, communications, media, journalism or related field
- Exposure or experience with Creators, digital content platforms, and/or venture investments
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working cross-functionally with business units, product, engineering, finance and legal
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
Please include a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples.
We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a well-written and fun letter that shows us you take the communications and storytelling seriously.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Immediate participation in 401-K with matching grant
- Generous PTO
- Great location and office space in the heart of Culver City
Why Next 10 Ventures
Are you forward-thinking about media, inspired by children’s learning, and passionate about Creators? If so, you’ve found the right place to build your next career. As a mission-driven company, we’re committed to innovating solutions for Creators, growing ample opportunities for our partners, and developing world-class teams in Los Angeles and Singapore.
Next 10 Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.