Head of Sales, China @ Kollyde
Who We Are
We are a global, Creator focused, creative marketing company built for brands. We are a passionate and focused team of marketers who live in a world of creativity, ideas and storytelling. We aspire to redefine marketing solutions that create impact, influence culture and change perspectives for global brands. With deep audience insights and the latest tech solutions to inform our strategic recommendations, we are modernizing the way our clients do business. Our mission is to drive growth and development for brands looking for global opportunities through insight driven creative campaigns that deliver ROI by leveraging top tier Creators and Influencers across all platforms.
About the Role
We are seeking a full-time Head of Sales with 8+ years of experience in building brands within the advertising/content industry with a strong social media background. This role will strategize on sales presentations, proactively source brand partners with market research, present opportunities with a consultative approach, curate custom proposals and media plans. When a program is sold, the Head of Sales will oversee the brand partner’s program including execution, production costs & deliverables with the marketing team (i.e. Managing Director, Creative Director, Creator Marketing Manager). This position will report directly to the Managing Director based in Los Angeles, CA USA.
- Client and Campaign Support
- Assist in creative strategies with client and internal teams to identify and source global Creators based on global brand’s target market/audience
- Assist in delivering proposed media plans to meet client’s objectives and performance metrics
- Summarize Creators’ availability, interest, brand match and budget
- Proactively escalate issues and communicate potential challenges to the Head of Brand Partnerships & appropriate stakeholders
- Project Management and Execution
- Own and deliver client launch from planning to production, including the management of production costs and program budgets, all creative assets, media buys, issue resolution for any ad hoc technical or creative issues.
- Execute superb campaigns and perform thorough quality assurance and analysis of all branded content with brand
- Deliver program and campaign performance recap
- Proactively identify and communicate all project issues to the Head of Brand Partnerships & appropriate stakeholders
- Measurement and Metrics
- Develop reporting and performance outputs based on media plan and proposal objectives
- Determine and monitor key performance indicators to measure each campaign’s ROI
- Produce timely reports for campaign tracking and performance metrics
- Liaise with our portfolio companies to implement their services for client programs
- Stay current on the latest technologies and trends in Creator marketing campaigns, branded marketing best practices, and analytical tools to deliver cutting-edge campaigns and client experiences
- 15% – 20% of international travel may be required
- BA/BS degree
- Located in Shanghai, China
- Chinese citizen
- Language fluency in Mandarin and English
- Ability to travel on company business, attend client functions, and professionally represent the company
- English commercial communication & negotiation skills required
- 8+ years of sales and/or marketing experience in Greater China at a digital publisher, media company and/or consumer brand familiar with executing branded content programs, creators/influencer initiatives, & global media campaigns
- 8+ years of client-facing experience within a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of branded content integration, digital metrics and event activation deliverables
- Proactive, strategic thinker with the ability to identify strong prospects, uncover client needs, goals & objectives, and solve client challenges.
- Outstanding communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, team player with the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Positive mindset with the ability to add value to their team and clients.
- Bringing a positive, can-do attitude, positive energy and a solution-oriented approach to every challenge and situation.
- Cultivate and build mutually beneficial relationships with a passion for digital marketing, the creator space, and digital technology.
- Proven track record with a successful history of meeting and exceeding sales activity goals and revenue targets.
- Excited to work at a startup where ideas are welcomed.
- Ability to take a consultative, strategic approach when meeting clients.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task comfortably across various projects.
- Strong interest in digital video and internet trends.
- Technically astute in digital media and advertising.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to evolve and innovate.
- Be self-starting, able to anticipate needs and fill gap areas.
- Have strong knowledge of Excel / Google docs and ability to quickly learn SAAS service platforms.