Product Manager – Kids Community and eCommerce
Los Angeles, CA
We are a venture group focused on Creators. As an operating and investment company, we incubate and accelerate new businesses, content, products and services within the global Creator economy and ecosystem. By providing our capital and industry expertise, we work with companies and creators to expand their brands, investments and growth. Next 10 Ventures operates from offices in Los Angeles and Singapore. The company launched in March 2018, and has secured significant funding to enable its long-term development.
About the Role
We are building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, community and commerce, and we want you to be a part of it! We’re looking for a humble, ambitious, and sharp leader who is keen on playing a role in the expanding Creator economy. We welcome those who see opportunities, are willing to experiment, and who have a passion for building brands and starting something new. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is based in our Los Angeles Office.
You will build, manage and lead Next 10s’ Kids-focused, Community and eCommerce initiatives, including strategy, P&L, product development, merchandising, supplier and third-party partnerships, supply chain and distribution strategy, to drive growth, customer preference and loyalty.
- Working closely with the Senior Management of Next 10 Ventures, identify market opportunities and create the product vision, strategy and roadmap for the company’s Kids-focused eCommerce operations.
- Ideate and develop a community focused, member benefits plan to attract and retain a consumer base for the Kids Subscription offering. Bring new ideas and innovative approaches to digital experiences to drive growth of the community.
- Build an ecommerce team from scratch, attracting, retaining, and developing world-class talent. You are a strong coach and mentor with a track record of building, driving and managing a high performing team.
- Work closely with Creators to incubate and launch new products; building and extending their brands and develop co-marketing and subscription growth strategies.
- Work closely with the head of Marketing on all Marketing-related eCommerce initiatives.
- Launch a new kids brand that implements a dual focus of community and commerce.
- Through 1st and 3rd party research, deeply understand the customer needs and industry trends to inform product strategy, planning and decision making.
- Establish detailed KPIs to track and report on both financial and qualitative performance.
- Transform data into actionable insights and recommendations, identifying the levers of customer acquisition and retention behavior.
- P&L responsibility
- Passionate about the Creator ecosystem
- A servant leader: You place the team’s interests above your own, recognized as an outstanding leader, but are driven to become an even better leader.
- Technically astute in all things ecommerce: you have demonstrated a knack for promoting new merchandise, or identified a new way to reduce CAC or increase CLV.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: if you don’t have all the details, you’re comfortable moving forward and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivate you to evolve and innovate.
- Goal oriented: you combine vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome and are comfortable setting stretch goals for you and your team.
- A mix of hands-on collaborative leadership ability, analytical / problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial can-do spirit, and grit.
- Excited about building a new consumer brand and integrating community with commerce.
- BA/BS, Liberal Arts preferred
- 5+ years of eCommerce product management or related experience.
- Exceptional product management skills with a focus on consumer products and a proven track record of meeting and exceeding financial and qualitative KPIs.
- Leadership roles with teams of 15+ people.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of our targeted customer profile and a passion for its Creator-driven content.
- Strong collaboration skills. You have high organizational EQ and can effectively collaborate and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Deep knowledge and interest in pop culture.
- Able to travel (to Trade Shows, Partners, Vendors, etc.).
- MBA or MFA Design
- 10+ years of eCommerce experience, with a particular focus on subscription services.
- Knowledge and application of AI/machine learning to enhance eCommerce.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Customer Acquisition and Retention,
- Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, CRM, Marketing.
- Passionate about the Kids Space
Please include a resume and cover letter.
We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a well-written and fun letter that shows us you take the intersection of Creators and ecommerce seriously.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans along with 401-K with matching grant and FSA participation
- Generous vacation policy
- Great location and office space in the heart of Culver City
- Short term and Long-Term disability insurance, Life Insurance and ADD, all paid by Next 10 Ventures
Why Next 10 Ventures
Become a leader of a dynamic and forward-thinking company with an ambition to lead the continued expansion of the Creator economy on a global basis. Next 10 Ventures offers all the benefits of a startup while also providing significant resources to realize your goals.
Next 10 Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.