Head of Ecommerce Marketplace
Los Angeles, CA
About the Role
We are building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content and commerce, and we want you to be a part of it! You will have the opportunity to work closely with Creators to incubate and launch new products; building and extending their brands. We’re looking for a humble, ambitious, and sharp leader who is keen on playing a role in the expanding Creator economy. We welcome those who see opportunities, are willing to experiment, and who have a passion for building brands and starting something new. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is based in our Los Angeles Office.
You will build, manage and lead Next 10 Ventures’ Marketplace-focused eCommerce initiatives, including strategy, P&L, product assortment, merchandising, supplier and third party partnerships, supply chain and distribution strategy, to drive growth, customer preference and loyalty.
- Working closely with the Senior Management of Next 10 Ventures, identify market opportunities and create the product vision and strategy for the company’s Marketplace-focused eCommerce operations.
- P&L responsibility
- Build a world class ecommerce team from scratch, attracting, retaining, and developing world-class talent. You are a strong coach and mentor with a track record of building, driving and managing a high performing team.
- Work closely with Creators and IP holders to identify CP opportunities and build a plan to realize them.
- Work with Creators on co-marketing and growth strategies.
- Curation of Marketplace offerings based on strategic thinking, theme ideation and assortment proposals
- Identify which products to source and which to develop.
- Initiate and oversee the concept, development, and delivery of all original, unique designed product, across categories.
- Work closely with the head of Marketing on all Marketing-related eCommerce initiatives.
- Through 1st and 3rd party research, deeply understand the customer needs and industry trends to inform product strategy, planning and decision making.
- Establish detailed KPIs to track and report on both financial and qualitative performance.
- Transform data into actionable insights and recommendations, identifying the levers of customer acquisition and retention behavior.
- Bring new ideas and innovative approaches to digital experiences to drive growth and conversion.
- Oversee store optimization and testing, methodology and analysis to improve user experience and lift key success metrics.
- Passionate about the Creator ecosystem
- A servant leader: You place the team’s interests above your own, recognized as an outstanding leader, but are driven to become an even better leader.
- Technically astute in all things ecommerce: you have demonstrated a knack for promoting new merchandise, or identified a new way to reduce CAC or increase CLV.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: if you don’t have all the details, you’re comfortable moving forward and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivate you to evolve and innovate.
- Goal oriented: you combine vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome and are comfortable setting stretch goals for you and your team.
- A mix of hands-on collaborative leadership ability, analytical / problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial can-do spirit, and grit
- BA/BS, Liberal Arts preferred
- 5+ years of eCommerce product management or related experience.
- Exceptional product management skills with a focus on consumer products and a proven track record of meeting and exceeding financial and qualitative KPIs.
- Leadership roles with teams of 15+ people.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of our targeted customer profile and a passion for its Creator-driven content.
- Strong collaboration skills. You have high organizational EQ and can effectively collaborate and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT) and Google Documents.
- Able to travel (to Trade Shows, Partners, Vendors, etc.).
- MBA or MFA Design
- 10+ years of eCommerce experience, with a particular focus on Marketplace offerings.
- Knowledge and application of AI/machine learning to enhance eCommerce.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Customer Acquisition and Retention, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, CRM, Marketing.
Please include a resume and cover letter.
We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a well-written and fun letter that shows us you take the intersection of Creators and ecommerce seriously.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Immediate participation in 401-K with matching grant
- Generous PTO
- Great location and office space in the heart of Culver City
Why Next 10 Ventures
Next 10 Ventures is an operating and investment company focused on incubating and accelerating new businesses, content, products and services within the global Creator economy. Our mission is to enrich, inspire, and entertain kids and young adults via the investments and partnerships we establish with Creators who thrive as artists, entrepreneurs, educators and opinion leaders.
Next 10 Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.