Junior Full Stack Engineer, R&D
Los Angeles, CA
About the Role
Want to join a team where your goal is to ideate, research, & develop new innovative concepts for creators?
We are seeking to hire a junior full stack software engineer for Next 10 Venture’s research and development team. Members of this team focus on building technology, platforms, apps, and products that support digital content creators by helping them create unique new content, connect with their communities, and engage their audiences.
Preferred Skill Set
- Experience building scalable component services operating within a micro-service architecture
- Familiarity working within a SCRUM/Agile team environment
- Adaptable and capable of diving head-first into unfamiliar APIs and technology stacks without documentation
- Familiar working with continuous integration and unit-testing (Jenkins/CircleCI/Bamboo/Gitlab)
- Familiar with modern front-end frameworks (React and/or AngularJS)
- Experienced with modern back-end service frameworks (Node.js, Spring, Play)
- Experience working with and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with building Docker containers for services and deploying them to cloud environments. Knowledge of Kubernetes and/or Terraform a plus.
- Integration experience with cloud service APIs (Google Cloud/AWS)
- Relational database (MySQL/Postgres) and NoSQL experience (CouchDB/MongoDB)
- Mobile development experience on either iOS or Android is a plus (Bonus if familiar with modern mobile development languages such as Swift and Kotlin)
- Experience with block-chain and/or crypto-currency technologies is a plus
- Experience working on eCommerce solutions utilizing payment gateway APIs is a plus
- Passionate about the Creator ecosystem
- A servant leader: You place the team’s interests above your own, recognized as an outstanding leader, but are driven to become an even better leader.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: if you don’t have all the details, you’re comfortable moving forward and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivate you to evolve and innovate.
- Goal oriented: you combine vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome and are comfortable setting stretch goals for you and your team.
- A mix of hands-on collaborative leadership ability, analytical / problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial can-do spirit, and grit.
Please include a resume and cover letter.
We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a well-written and fun letter that shows us you take the intersection of Creators and ecommerce seriously.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Immediate participation in 401-K with matching grant
- Generous PTO
- Great location and office space in the heart of Culver City
Why Next 10 Ventures
Are you forward-thinking about media, inspired by children’s learning, and passionate about Creators? If so, you’ve found the right place to build your next career. As a mission-driven company, we’re committed to innovating solutions for Creators, growing ample opportunities for our partners, and developing world-class teams in Los Angeles and Singapore.
Next 10 Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.