Engineering Lead, eCommerce
Los Angeles, CA
About the Role
We are building a new Creator and fan centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, community and commerce. As a full stack engineering lead for the Next 10 Ventures eCommerce team, you will lead all technology related aspects of eCommerce initiatives including development, testing, launch and data & analytics. Ideally, you are passionate about eCommerce, familiar with the digital Creator ecosystem, willing to experiment and keen to build brands from the ground up. You’re an effective leader with a blend of business and technical savvy, and know how to guide internal and external teams through all stages of development. This role reports to the Head of eCommerce Marketplace and is based in our Los Angeles (Culver City) office.
- Lead all technology aspects of the marketplace, individual storefronts and a subscription business including development, testing, launch and data & analytics – including the selection and development of the tech stack
- Lead relationships with technology vendors and digital platforms including development team(s), data and analytics providers and other technology solutions
- Research, review, recommend and implement new technology solutions and features to optimize website front-end and back-end performance
- Partner with cross-functional groups including product management, design, engineering, marketing, supply chain, customer support, merchandising (most teams to be developed)
- Participate in testing of concepts, experiences and designs with consumers / users
- Translate business and product requirements into technical requirements
- Support establishment of marketplace / storefront KPIs for each aspect of the site (from homepage to checkout) and across the “funnel”
- Support in building a small team of engineers for eCommerce efforts.
- Move fast, ship fast
- 5+ years experience working with developers and designers to create eCommerce web and mobile experiences
- Experience managing vendors, including external development teams, data & analytics organizations, platforms and other technology providers
- Experience working with enterprise suites (e.g., Magento), headless commerce solutions and building scalable component services operating within a micro-service architecture
- Expertise working with and implementing RESTful APIs, calling APIs (especially YouTube) across different applications and integrating with cloud service APIs (Google Cloud/AWS)
- Experience with integrating and utilizing payment gateway APIs (Paypal, Braintree, Alipay, etc.) in eCommerce applications
- Familiarity working within a SCRUM/Agile team environment
- Familiar with modern front-end frameworks (React and/or AngularJS)
- Experienced with modern back-end service frameworks (Node.js, Spring, Play)
- Experience working with SSO – Google, Gigya
- Experience with building Docker containers for services and deploying them to cloud environments.
- Relational database (MySQL/Postgres) and NoSQL experience (CouchDB/MongoDB)
- Know commerce and Creators: Familiar with and passionate about the intersection of content, commerce and community, especially the Creator ecosystem
- Comfortable with ambiguity: Comfortable moving forward without all of the details
- Thought partner: Can participate in vision and strategy setting
- Flexible: Work in a startup environment, move fast, solve problems, wear multiple hats, carry a can-do attitude
Please include a resume and cover letter.
We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a well-written and fun letter that shows us you take the intersection of Creators and ecommerce seriously.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Immediate participation in 401-K with matching grant
- Generous PTO
- Great location and office space in the heart of Culver City
Why Next 10 Ventures
Are you forward-thinking about media, inspired by children’s learning, and passionate about Creators? If so, you’ve found the right place to build your next career. As a mission-driven company, we’re committed to innovating solutions for Creators, growing ample opportunities for our partners, and developing world-class teams in Los Angeles and Singapore.
Next 10 Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.