Brand Strategy Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Who we are
Next 10 Ventures is looking ahead to the next 10 years. We are both an operating and investment company focusing on incubating new businesses, content, products, and services for a global consumer base. Our mission is to enrich, inspire, and entertain kids and young adults via the investments and partnerships we establish with Creators. Our mission is enhanced by the leadership team’s experience in empowering Creators to achieve their goals. The company was incorporated in March 2018, with offices in Los Angeles and Singapore, and has secured significant funding to enable its long term development.
About the Role
We are seeking a full-time Brand Strategy Manager who will support the Head of Content Marketing to generate revenue and curate marketing strategies for our investments & partnerships on a global scale. Programs will include branded content initiatives with Creator partnerships, sponsorship programs for events, Next 10 Venture incubators, and eCommerce. Brand Strategy Manager will strategize on sales presentations, proactively source brand partners with market research, present opportunities with a consultative approach, curate custom proposals and media plans. When program is sold, the Brand Strategy Manager will oversee the brand partner’s program including execution, production costs & deliverables with internal stakeholders (i.e. Content Operations Manager, Creator Partnerships Manager, Creators and/or Events Manager).
- Collaborate with Head of Content Marketing to develop and create innovative sales presentations to attract brand partners, incorporating industry research and campaign performance data. Partners will include brands and their agencies.
- Responsible for annual revenue goal, manage internal sales KPI, submit bi-weekly call report to update management on meetings.
- Build long-term relationships with brand partners on a global scale and have the foresight to bring opportunities to them.
- Generate new business through prospecting, meeting, presenting, proposing, negotiating budgets and closing deals.
- Ensure brand partners receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service.
- Continuously update Hubspot CRM with client and agency contacts and meeting updates to ensure accuracy.
- Participate and contribute to brainstorms on content ideation and curate proposal materials for brand partners with internal stakeholders.
- Proactively escalate issues and communicate potential challenges to the Head of Content Marketing and appropriate stakeholder(s).
- Exhibit in-depth knowledge about the content marketing and creator ecosystem with ongoing research to forecast trends and position company as the industry leader.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and exhibit a team player mentality.
- BA/BS degree
- 1-2 years of sales experience at a national/global digital publisher or media company generating revenue or 2+ years as an account manager executing branded content programs and creators/influencer initiatives.
- Knowledge of branded content integration, digital metrics and event activation deliverables with brand partners.
- Proactive, strategic thinker with the ability to identify strong prospects, uncover client needs, goals & objectives, and solve client challenges.
- Outstanding communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, team player with the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Positive mindset with the ability to add value to their team and clients. Bringing a positive, can-do attitude, positive energy and a solution-oriented approach to every challenge and situation.
- Cultivate and build mutually beneficial relationships with a passion for digital marketing, the creator space, and technology.
- Proven track record with a successful history of meeting and exceeding sales activity goals and revenue targets.
- Proficient in Hubspot, Mediaradar, Tubular Labs and Numerator.
- Excited to work at a startup where ideas are welcomed.
- Ability to take a consultative, strategic approach when meeting clients.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task comfortably across various projects.
- Strong interest in digital video and internet trends.
- Technically astute in digital media and advertising.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to evolve and innovate.
- Be self-starting, able to anticipate needs and fill gap areas.
- Have strong knowledge of excel / google docs.
Please include a resume and cover letter.
We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a well-written and fun letter that shows us that you take the opportunity seriously.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Immediate participation in 401-K with matching grant
- Generous PTO
- Great location and office space in the heart of Culver City
Why Next 10 Ventures
Are you forward-thinking about media, inspired by children’s learning, and passionate about Creators? If so, you’ve found the right place to build your next career. As a mission-driven company, we’re committed to innovating solutions for Creators, growing ample opportunities for our partners, and developing world-class teams in Los Angeles and Singapore.
Next 10 Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.